Sunday, July 6, 2008

But enough about me...

This past December I was asked to sing at a Chanukah party for Hillel at Harvard University. I was invited by one of my former Bar Mitzvah students.  He's a wonderful fellow (from a great family) and he plays in the Hillel Klezmer Band!  My gosh, how could I say no?  

I had no idea what to expect.  I even brought my Jewish comedy videos with me just in case I needed help getting things going.  It turned out to be an incredible evening of singing and shmoozing.  Someone was snapping photos the whole time.  I recently got emails from folks saying they saw me in the Spring 2008 Harvard Hillel Journey (a quite lovely and glossy publication.) Well, I finally got a copy and saw this overly generous article.  You can get the pdf here.  (And the entire issue of the Journey is here.)

As it turned out, I didn't need the comedy videos.  Maybe next time.

No comments: